Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
09-18-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 09:33 PM by chris57.)
RE: New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
We know because we have been here since 2007 as owners/mods and you only have to look at the open source credits in the NMT Settings > Maintenance > section to see respect given to the opensource material used. A recent example where CM have released their source code for their Plex APP even without any open source requirement to do so:
https://github.com/cloudmedia-developer/as2_plex

If its their code on an open source project, and not someone else's that they cannot release, then they release it. There is an active development community on the NMT platform whom use the Davidbox API and other platforms to produce apps that are shared between owners. We don't have that level of development or talent on this forum presently.

With regards SPMC and Koying, again, when the OHC was announced there were booboys trying to say CM were lying when they stated they were working with developers of XBMC. This was denied by the community at Kodi until Koying stood up and stated that he was in fact working on it and other RK3288 chipped boxes under a NDA. The problem long term is not with CM, Rockchip would not, even under a NDA, allow Koying access to RK code, CM cannot provide it it has to be Rockchip. Same will be the case for any code from this chip manufacturer. Those of us whom are still awaiting Rockchip will be very glad to see that this box is nothing to do with Rockchip.

Please give CM the chance to release the player and the code before making aspersions.

Damn I didn't say anything nasty so I won't get any Thanks from that guy that has enough time on his hands to Thank anyone who posts anything derogatory, I'll live with it Big Grin

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
09-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Hi

Anyone has receiver their order track numbers ?

Ive order the Open Hour Gecko in cloud Media website last Monday.
Ive contact the support by email and they replay saying that they would give the track number when is avaiable.

A week has passed and i haven't receive any more contact from cloud media, today i inform them giving them 24h for shipping the player, otherwise im going for full refund...

Cant find a single information in cloud media website about the player avaiability....
09-21-2015, 08:26 AM
(09-16-2015 07:01 AM)lundman Wrote:  Can we have just one thread where we talk about the new player, and not just making bitchy comments and snide remarks? I'm all for you guys all complaining all the time, but could just *one* thread be about the new hardware, specs and features etc Smile
Not after this worst experience we had with the Chameleon.

(09-16-2015 07:01 AM)lundman Wrote:  Having said that, any future plans for chipsets that are ARMv8? I wants me some 64bit and zfs Smile
In my opinion, Open Hous should focus on the media player side, with reliable clients for DLNA, SMB/CIFS. USB should be in place to add stuff like DVB, BT, ... a media player is not a NAS.

Willem55 Wrote:Again... Cloudmedia/Openhour have a very long and good reputation on GPL.
Ok Willem, in htis case please provide us with the link to the GPL repository, containing everything (including build and link information) to re-build the Open Hour supplied firmware from scratch. It's the product vendor responsibility. Can't? Ok. Time to file a GPLv2 violation report then.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to schumaku for this post
09-21-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 11:09 AM by Willem55.)
let us know where you get with that GPLv2 violation report..
You still assume they made any changes I think they did not, I think they just used existing GPLv2 code.
So in your violation report what code was changed but not submitted and are you certain it was changed by Cloudmedia/Openhour or was it given to all manufacturers by unknown?
Because if it was given by a known party the violation is there.
Please answer in detail and legal forethought or shut up about this.

I'm sure you're not considering the complete firmware to be open source now do you?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-21-2015, 11:02 AM
(09-20-2015 10:47 PM)couto27 Wrote:  Hi

Anyone has receiver their order track numbers ?

Ive order the Open Hour Gecko in cloud Media website last Monday.
Ive contact the support by email and they replay saying that they would give the track number when is avaiable.

A week has passed and i haven't receive any more contact from cloud media, today i inform them giving them 24h for shipping the player, otherwise im going for full refund...

Cant find a single information in cloud media website about the player avaiability....

In the past they only charge your credit card after they shipped the player, at this point they only made a reservation on your total line of credit for the agreed amount..

Let us know if the policy has changed.

You can always cancel before you've received a shipping notice.... but there should be no reason to get nervous if you haven't received a shipping notice within a week the money is still yours.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Today I received a tracking number...
09-21-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 03:15 PM by couto27.)
@willen, this isn't a pre-order or anything..
In the cloud media sales page lacks some information

example:
Limited units available
Shipping xx/xx/2015
Not available
etc etc

Anyway, i received the track number this morning, it will arrive in couple days... i will give feedback later, critical bugs are informed to cloud media first hand.
09-21-2015, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 03:39 PM by Willem55.)
LoLBig Grin

they opened sales 5 days ago. minus the weekend that's 3 working days and now you have a track and trace..... wow.

My post wasn't about pre-order... it was about how they sell online... like most companies they don't deduct before shipping.

09-21-2015, 04:41 PM
(09-21-2015 09:34 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  let us know where you get with that GPLv2 violation report..
You still assume they made any changes I think they did not, I think they just used existing GPLv2 code.
So in your violation report what code was changed but not submitted and are you certain it was changed by Cloudmedia/Openhour or was it given to all manufacturers by unknown?
Because if it was given by a known party the violation is there.
Please answer in detail and legal forethought or shut up about this.

I'm sure you're not considering the complete firmware to be open source now do you?

Start here Willem: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.en.html

If you think you see a violation of the GNU GPL, LGPL, AGPL, or FDL, the first thing you should do is double-check the facts:

- Does the distribution contain a copy of the License? NO
- Does it clearly state which software is covered by the License? NO Does it say anything misleading, perhaps giving the impression that something is covered by the License when in fact it is not? No information at all.
- Is source code included in the distribution? NO
- Is a written offer for source code included with a distribution of just binaries? No offer for source code. The support case is still open unanswered.
- Is the available source code complete, or is it designed for linking in other non-free modules? nothing at all

I'm not interested in ruining the makers of the Chameleon - now go figure. They still have the opportunity to do it right. I don't judge who should better shut up ... I know who is wrong here.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to schumaku for this post
09-21-2015, 05:28 PM
What distribution, android or what specific software are you talking about that is supposed to be under GPL? Can you tell us cause if that is NO than all your no's are fine and legal.

09-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Hisilicon 3798M have very good native player that support HD Audio, 3D BDISO, Framerate Sync, 23.976fps, 4K H.264/265. Basically the custom Kodi in Gecko playback using Hisilicon native player but it preserve the Kodi playback UI and support Kodi SAMBA/NFS. User also can use Hisilicon Media Center to mount their SAMBA/NFS and using Kodi to playback from the mount point which will gain better performance.

[Image: Optimized%20Kodi%202_zpsbpqfu7eu.jpg]
09-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Ha.... the Oh So important difference between coding and configuration... changing a source code and compile vs change a few lines in a XML file for it to call a different playback engine..
That suggestion got me into some trouble on the Kodi forum 8 months ago.

09-22-2015, 09:34 AM
http://www.futeko.com/products/MP058.php

It's a wrapper. You can buy these devices from futeko.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
09-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Check this one out.

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP062.php

rockchip rk3368.

Lollipop and all the features we wanted from rk3288

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
09-22-2015, 12:51 PM
(09-22-2015 09:34 AM)Daveydguk Wrote:  http://www.futeko.com/products/MP058.php

It's a wrapper. You can buy these devices from futeko.

Nope this has a different chip... the 3789C version, Gecko uses the 3798M