Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Thread Closed 
Openhour - please update your customers!
09-15-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: Openhour - please update your customers!
(09-11-2015 01:25 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Remember this is an owners forum for us owners to help one another it is not for communication with OpenHour.

I hope you are addressing your comments to OH themselves:
http://www.cloudmedia.com/aboutus/contact-us

good idea, submitted some feedback.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user says Thank You to canaan for this post
09-24-2015, 10:49 AM
My reply came in :

Dear Kristian,

Thank you for contacting Cloud Media Sales Team.

Currently we are waiting for the new patch from Rockchip in order to do all of the improvement on the Open Hour Chameleon.
Our team were pushing for this patch for quite a period, but we are still waiting for the new patch releasing in order to execute further.

Thank you so much for the kind understanding and patient.

Thanks.

Regards,
The Cloud Media Sales Team
(formally known as Popcorn Hour)

And my new reply :

Hello Cloud media sales team,

This waiting is not appreciated by your customers, waiting several months without any news is not good customer service.
We can understand that rockchip is slow, but the product is yours not theirs. So putting all responsibility on them is not viable.
You need to send frequent updates to your customer base, and put more stress on rockchip - or you will loose a lot or your loyal customers on this chameleon/rockchip fail. And quite possibly new customers too, as they will not be recommending products in the future.

Please take this seriously, the chameleon needs your attention before rushing a new product - I know it might be a dead ship because rockchip screwed you, but don't screw your customers too.

I would take my A-300 back any day if it still worked over the chameleon!

Please give your chameleon community some real feedback!

Best Regards
Kristian G

------------------------

I think we need to press on, to not let them forget the chameleon.
[+] 7 users say Thank You to KristianDK for this post
09-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Well said mate,unfortunatley the forum is being taken over by a gang of trouser wetting acolytes,to who the chameleon is a faded memory.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to btezB for this post
09-24-2015, 09:22 PM
(09-24-2015 08:59 PM)btezB Wrote:  Well said mate,unfortunatley the forum is being taken over by a gang of trouser wetting acolytes,to who the chameleon is a faded memory.

Stop calling people names. I've also moved your Off topic post in the other thread to....off topic.

Carry on this stupidity and we'll call it a day for you soon. I've warned you time and time again. If you continue then you have only yourself to blame.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

09-24-2015, 09:26 PM
(09-24-2015 10:49 AM)KristianDK Wrote:  ..
Dear Kristian,

I think we need to press on, to not let them forget the chameleon.

Well its as they told us earlier they cannot do anything like every other RK3288 box makes until Rockchip come up with the patch.

I totally agree that better and more frequent information from OpenHour on the progress or lack thereof by Rockchip is needed.

I'm not forgetting the OHC and will continue to press for information on progress. I want my OHC to function correctly and with its better specs superceed the Gecko Smile

09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
The right thing to do by CloudMedia was to offer some compensation to Open Hour Chameleon users.

1- Replace for free the OCH by OP Gecko
OR
2- full refund to OHC customers

"It's hard to keep promises when life's filled with lies"
[+] 1 user says Thank You to couto27 for this post
09-25-2015, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 07:47 AM by Willem55.)
The OHC performs like any other android media player that was produced a year ago.
It does what it says on the box and the what was promised on the website.
The rest is "assumed functionality" and assumptions are the mother of all f................
On this forum even before the first got sold the "work in progress" status was well published including the risk.

We all took a gamble and lost.... and now you think it's reasonable to demand compensation.

Interesting opinion.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Willem55, I find it odd that you're standing so firmly behind CM on this subject. The OHC is an utter failure and CM knows this yet it's still for sell on their website. If it was such a gamble as you say why don't they put a disclosure on it's product page to that effect? I've bought a ton of streamers since this market began and none have come even close to being as bad as this pathetic excuse has been. This thing doesn't work even on a very basic level. I think that it's fair to "assume" that it should. As someone else said on this forum, I'm usually the quiet type but, the absolute fact of how bad this thing is coupled with the atrocious attitude of CM regarding this leaves me no choice than to warn others to stay far, far away from this company.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to stevenc for this post
09-25-2015, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 01:54 PM by Willem55.)
I'm just stating facts and very little opinion.
Odd thing is for me users who state very big opinions based on very little facts...
I'm not defending or taking responsibility for CM but I do stand for what is said on this forum...

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-29-2015, 07:23 PM
New reply received :

Dear Kristian,

Thank you for your kind understanding on this.

Our team are still working with Rockchip to stabilize that build. They said will give us another update this week before they go for 1~8 Oct China long holiday.

Once we received the new patch, we will do integration and QA and if the build is good, we will release to forum. If there are still major bugs found, we will need to wait for them to come back from holiday to fix that.

Here is for your reference : https://youtu.be/ZfUWxvSEi0Q

Appreciate for your kind understanding on this.

Thanks.

Regards,
The Cloud Media Sales Team
(formally known as Popcorn Hour)
http://www.cloudmedia.com
[+] 1 user says Thank You to KristianDK for this post
09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks for feeding back its appreciated.

There's also a HD audio passthrough video showing that fixed:

[+] 2 users say Thank You to chris57 for this post
10-02-2015, 09:00 PM
if this will be this year (2015) it will be awesome and i will celebrate it and probably go drunk Big Grin
[+] 1 user says Thank You to locki for this post
10-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a popcornhour A-110, i'm considering buying a chameleon or gecko.

After reading about all the problems, what is the current status ? Have the fixed the problems ?
Which one should I buy ? gecko or Chameleon ?
10-06-2015, 02:05 PM
If you really know why you're narrowing it down to those two I would say Gecko.

10-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I'd go for the OHC personally as its faster the extra RAM is noticeable in the likes of Kodi, the Android settings are more feature rich, the box itself seems more open than the Gecko, however its not that great a difference and one is more expensive than the other. I'm also basing this on improvements that are upcoming for the OHC and that the Gecko is more locked down than the OHC which I expect due to price point.

As you can see opinions are exactly that Big Grin

Make sure that you also consider the Vten as you are coming from the NMT platform and this is Android not Linux based and no Sigma playback. There is something on the Hisilicon players called IMV or similar which is supposed to give good picture quality.

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Main board removal guide on Openhour support site? Rambler 10 5,763 11-27-2014 07:43 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf
  Update Coming Soon? stevenc 24 11,310 11-21-2014 08:36 AM
Last Post: chris57