Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Quick way to stream from PC to TV?
07-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Quick way to stream from PC to TV?
Hi guys!

I'll keep this short: I'm interested in buying a mediaplayer, but I'd still like to know some info.

I'm interested in a device that lets me wirelessly stream videos from my PC to my TV (or mirror my desktop, for that matter) as easily as possible.

I want a device that allows me to select a video on my PC and display it on my TV with minimum hassle. If it can load subtitles too, even better.

Can the Chameleon do that, and how?

I've read about some options, like creating a stream via VLC and loading it up on the VLC app, but is it reliable? I'm asking in terms of video stutter and all that. I also need to mention that I have a very strong PC and wifi network, and the TV is relatively close.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Quick way to stream from PC to TV?
Als the WiFi will put a limit on the video playback quality and experience I would advise you to get Chromecast or the Chromebit stick

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
08-27-2015, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2015 08:09 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: Quick way to stream from PC to TV?
I think amazon fire stick has stronger WIFI and there are guides to install kodi on the device. It has better spec than chrome cast and is similar in price.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.