Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Losing sound overnight
07-22-2015, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015 04:11 PM by apigeon.)
Losing sound overnight
Hi,

I leave my OHC with SPMC open overnight. Then in the morning, if I try SPMC there is no sound. I have to close SPMC, unplug the hdmi cable and re-start SPMC. This is no fun because my OHC is tucked in my entertainment cabinet. Is there another workaround to this, where I don't have to unplug a cable?

Thanks!

Found another workaround: close the OHC with the power button on the remote. When I re-open SPMC, I have sound. Still wondering why I lose the sound when OHC is idle for a period of time. Seems like a bug.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Losing sound overnight
HDMI handshake routine is indeed buggy.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
07-23-2015, 06:06 AM
There are supposed to be fixes for HD audio upcoming from Rockchip that helps resolve this. Also Kodi 15 has Android fixes listed in the changelog, so Koying the SPMC developer has hopefully applied RK3288 fixes within Kodi15.
07-23-2015, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 09:55 AM by Willem55.)
just ran kodi 15 HDMI audio issues are still there:
Not switching to DTS or DD the first time and passing through noise, but it works on consecutive tries.
Audio clipping out and AVR showing lost signal for a second.
video black screen for one second when navigating or scrolling through kodi.
All played from SMB network.
Have not tested HD audio.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
07-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Too bad its not sorted in 15.

Exact same problems here, the only solution i know is to power it off and on manually no the power button on the back side.

No need to disconnect any HDMI cables for me.

Basically i power it off and on like that every time i intend to use it, then no audio issues.

If i leave it on or in shut down or idle mode, next day or some hours later if i activate with remote it can be no audio, or in worst case loud static noise.
07-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Never disconnect the HDMI cable on live boxes the chips can fry.
if I get noise I press OK to get the playback controls select stop and then restart the movie, this forces a HDMI handshake.

07-23-2015, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 10:31 PM by chris57.)
Now so far I'm seeing better audio performance on Kodi 15 but I'm using the downmix to stereo option and no requirement for HD audio.

I'm using Mediacodec ( not sure if you've seen the news re Koying/Kodi/Mediacodec and no rklibstagefright/SPMC) as the hardware acceleration choice and have no upscale mono to stereo as that cause me some issues on previous builds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No sound Jee 7 4,051 06-21-2015 10:30 PM
Last Post: chris57